Ready In: 15 Minutes
- 1 passion fruit (I used 2 tbsp. frozen)
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. (8 g) honey
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 finely chopped small garlic clove
- ¼ cup (60 ml) olive oil
- Cut the passionfruit and pour the pulp, juice, and seeds into a small bowl. I defrosted frozen passion fruit outside the fridge for about ten minutes in a bowl. blender, make sure that you gradually add the olive oil to ensure that the mixture doesn’t split.
- Use immediately or keep in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serve with endive and something fatty to balance the acidity like feta cheese or avocado. This goes well with rosa tomatoes, red and yellow peppers, jalapeno and purple cabbage.
Why do I need to know this recipe?
The assembly process is really quick and simple.
Use frozen passion fruit, but don’t forget to adjust the sweetness because frozen passion fruit is occasionally less sweet and more acidic.
Passion fruit is high in vitamin C. To learn more about vitamin C please see our article, Nutrient of the month – Vitamin C (Immunity and Collagen booster).
Rentia is a qualified dietitian and chef who has worked in the food industry for the last decade, collaborating with companies such as Nandos and McCain, helping them with food product and recipe development.
She has had, and overcome, her struggles with food allergies and sensitivities and learned to navigate a pain disorder. She is well aware of the impact that food has on our physical and emotional well-being and believes that the food we consume is one of the best tools for healing available.
Rentia sees herself as a champion for healthy eating but is also a foodie at heart. Her passion is to enable people to eat foods that heal and nourish without making them feel deprived, and her special focus lies in child and maternal nutrition.
Rentia is hosting cooking classes at different venues around Auckland and is also seeing clients at her practice, and through a tailored and client-based approach is assisting them to get back on the path of health and recovery. You can find Rentia at The Healing Plate.