Recipe by potatoes.co.nz, a not-for-profit organization
Ready In: 20 Minutes
- 500g boiling or new potatoes, washed and sliced
- ½ iceberg lettuce, sliced
- 400g carrots, grated
- 2 x 185g cans tuna in spring water, drained
- 1 cup sweet corn kernels sliced from the cob
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- chopped chives to garnish
- Place potato slices in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5-6 minutes until tender. Drain.
- Place lettuce on a large serving dish and top with carrot.
- Mix tuna, sweet corn and mayonnaise together and place on top.
- Top with warm new potatoes and serve garnished with chopped chives.
Nutrition Information Panel
|Per Serving [4 Serves]
|– saturated fat
If you didn’t know, tuna is a great source of vitamin D, which is an important nutrient for calcium absorption and maintaining our healthy bone structure and density.
To learn more about the health benefits of vitamin D and what other foods are a good source of this great nutrient, please check out our article Vitamin D: The sunshine hormone for stronger bones.