Ready In: 5 Minutes
Serves: 1 Mug Cake
This is a very simple and quick recipe for cake cravings. Also, it’s very versatile since you can flavor the cake with any flavor of your choice!
- 3 ½ Tbsp Almond flour / ground almonds
- 1 Tbsp Cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp Coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp freeze dried raspberry powder
- ½ tsp freeze dried raspberry for garnish
1. Mix dry ingredients
Combine all the dry ingredients: almond flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, raspberry powder, and salt.
2. Add the wet ingredients
Add melted coconut oil, honey and egg. Whisk with a fork until you have a smooth cake batter.
3. Clean up
Wipe any cake batter from the edges to create a clean side. You will need at least 2 cm left from the top of the mug so it doesn’t spill over.
4. Baking time
Place the mug in the microwave, cook for one minute. It will puff quite a bit while cooking but it will then settle down. Check the cake by poking (knife), it should come out clean.
5. Ready to serve
Serve when it’s nice and warm with freeze dried raspberry garnish.
- It is easier to combine all the ingredients in the mug you’ll cook in, but you can mix everything in a small bowl and then pour it into a mug.
- If you feel the cake batter is too thick, you can add 1-2 teaspoon of any type of milk.
- You can substitute honey with maple syrup, agave, brown rice syrup or reduce the quantity of honey to make the cake less sweet.
- You can also replace raspberry and add any other flavouring like cinnamon, vanilla, or ginger.
- Top it up with fresh berries in summer!
Shalvi has studied Diplome de Patisserie at Le Cordon Bleu, New Zealand and now specialises as a chocolatier. She had previously worked as a Chef de Partie for airline catering, creating desserts for first class and business class passengers, and is now working with Bohemein Chocolate, where all the products are freshly made using no preservatives or artificial flavours.
When it comes to current and new recipes, Shalvi is always looking for healthier options, because desserts can still be indulgent and delicious without negatively impacting our health.
This is why Shalvi’s passion is to find and use only the best natural ingredients; an approach and philosophy she also incorporates in her everyday cooking by using fresh, whole foods and avoiding processed foods.